Tuesday, March 13, 2012

last songs and blogs

What happens to your blog when you die?

Will it live on indefinitely? Will it eventually expire, as you did? And when?

I haven't really bothered to find out. Just wondering, I guess.

A doctor I never met died just recently. I came to know her through our participation in The Blog Rounds. Hers was one of the blogs that really spoke to me. I liked that she wrote about whatever she wanted -- it made me think she wrote because she wanted to, which is my favorite reason for writing. Her posts were personal and unselfconscious. Her pain was especially palpable whenever she wrote in grief of the loss of her longtime partner.

I didn't know she was sick herself. I didn't really know anything about her. I just know that I felt sad when I learned she had finally succumbed to cancer. But it's a sweet kind of sadness, knowing that she will finally be reunited with the person she loved most. I guess some people just aren't meant to be apart for long.

Death is but the next great adventure, so...bon voyage, Gigi.

3 comments:

Sonia said...

oh my gosh, I never knew... thank you for letting us know, Gaya.

This touched a chord. what gets done after? will our words live on? will we be remembered?

RIP Gigi. I loved her work too.

Bonedoc said...

I don't know. I only met Gigi twice, one during the serendra TBR EB and just last year during her induction in our orthopedic fellows association...Wanted to congratulate her but somehow wasn't able to...then this...

bricalz said...

Yes, goodbye Doc Gigi.