Tuesday, February 14, 2012

V days (and nights)

I spent the first hour of Valentine's Day hunched over the sink, retching every few seconds and actually puking thrice. (Pasintabi po sa mga kumakain d'yan.) As I neared the end of my first trimester, I thought I would be one of those lucky women who never experience morning sickness. No such luck. Apparently I was one of those women whose morning sickness starts or gets worse in the second trimester...and whose morning sickness, for some reason, is worse in the evenings.

Until now I still can't quite wrap my head around the thought of becoming a mother in a few months' time. I can perfectly imagine Aivan being a dad, but me being a mom? Not really. I'm just reassured by the thought that the Big Guy Upstairs must think I can do it, else He wouldn't have given us this surprise at this time, totally unplanned.

The whole thing is gonna be an adventure, that's for sure.

4 comments:

♥chinchin♥ said...

Happy Hearts day Gay.. don't you worry.. being a mom would come out naturally.. I had my own anxieties and fears when I was pregnant with Andre, but the moment I saw him and held him in my arms, I knew that everything was gonna be OK...

Ligaya said...

^_^ thanks chin!

taweng said...

=)
I especiaLLy Like the LAst two paragraphs.

Take care soon-to-be mom gaya!

Ligaya said...

salamat doc taweng! :)