Monday, March 30, 2009

The Blog Rounds: A Call for Articles

*
It was almost a year ago when Doc Ness and I bumped into each other at the SUMC second floor nurses' station, and she invited me to participate in The Blog Rounds. She was then hosting a summer-themed TBR, and I promised her I would contribute if I could think if something interesting. (I couldn't. Hehe. Or maybe I was just too caught up in the whirlwind that usually surrounds one's last days of PGI.)

Doc Ness and Brian are the only two TBR contributors whom I know personally. Now that it's my turn to host an edition of TBR, I thought it might be a good idea if we could get to know each other a bit more.

Pretend we're putting together a book entitled:

TBR MD's: Their Lives and Letters

(It's a boring title, I admit. Hehe. I'll think of something else later.)

Lives. Put in anything you want that would give us an idea of what it's like to be you. Where is your hometown? (And what would you advise us to do if we were going there this summer?) Do you come from a big family or a small family? Are you married? Do you have kids? What was your pre-med? (Why?) What is your favorite memory from med school / internship / residency? Do you remember your first mortality? What do you do right now? Are you still training, are you teaching, do you have a clinic? What do you do (or would like to do) in your down time? If you weren't a doctor, what would you rather be? Feel free to include as many or as few details about your life as you want.

Letters. The questions for this part are more specific. First, which writers influence/d you the most? (Their influence could be on your writing style or on your life as a whole.) Next, which three (or five...or ten, for those who absolutely can't choose) books would you want the rest of us to read? Third, name three blogs (apart from those of fellow TBR docs, so we won't get into the whole i-pat-your-back-you-pat-mine routine) that you regularly visit. Finally, since this is a book -- an imaginary one, but you never know -- about YOU, name (and provide links to) 7 blog posts by YOU which you would want included in a compilation of your works.

Deadline for submission is April 7, 2009. Please leave a link to your contribution in the comments section of this post, or email me at ligaya.solera@gmail.com. Thanks!

16 comments:

Sonia said...

ooh, i love the freedom. I just hope i can squeeze in enough time to write my piece in. :-) cool title, ligaya. it reminds me of a project i'm thinking of putting together.

the philippine daily idiot said...

very irresistible topic, gaya! looking forward. yohoo!

MerryCherry, MD said...

I will try my very best to join. Really nice topic but quite a challenge, for me at least, hehe.

myorthodoc said...

sounds like a book project indeed...thanks gaya for accepting the hosting sched!

Ligaya said...

thanks everyone! i hope this one gets a lot of contributions. :-) And Bone -- maybe the TBR docs COULD put together a book someday :-)

J.A. said...

Hi, Gaya!
I'll try to get an article going... Might work on it while on duty tomorrow, if it's not that busy...
BTW, are you still based in Cebu? Would love to meet you and Brian one of these days... Like a mini-TBR eyeball in Cebu. You can both have coffee while I sip my ice tea. :)

Pinay MegaMom said...

Here's to your first time:
Defining Pinay MegaMom.

An early entry from me!

I hope you enjoy it. ;-)

J.A. said...

Hi, Gaya! Here is my entry:
http://jaaraf.blogspot.com/2008/09/bisperas-day-before.html
Sorry, but I still can't figure out how to turn this into a clickable link in the comments page...

MerryCherry, MD said...

Here is my post Gaya. A LIST. I'm really super happy umabot ako sa deadline!

ness said...

Hullo Gaya,

Ito ang kadramahan ni dokie ness.

http://atrandomness.blogspot.com/2009/04/lives-and-letters.html

Ligaya said...

Hey guys, thanks for your contributions! Will read and comment on them REAL SOON and email you when the round-up is done. :-) And I hope there's still some more contributions coming up (ahem, ahem).

the philippine daily idiot said...

gaya, rush ko to:

http://thephilippinedailyidiot.blogspot.com/2009/04/tbr-doctors-their-lives-and-letters.html

nakakapagod ang mundo. :-)

dr_clairebear said...

hi! sana umabot ako. i'm not sure if what i wrote fits, because it's very "right now" rather than past. :) oh, and i don't really answer your questions directly.

you can find it here:
http://midofnowhere.blogspot.com/2009/04/living-in-my-now.html

wasn't sure if you got the link i posted to the email via TBR groups.

sirdoc said...

Hey! Sorry I'm late! I've been sick eh! http://sirdoc.com/2009/geek-and-books/

Ligaya said...

yey! thank you all... :-) late din ang post ko hahaha!

theworkingmom said...

Here's my pahabol entry:

Who is Joey?

Sorry for the delay. Medyo nastump ako eh :P

Joey
http://www.joeymd.com