Monday, October 27, 2008

maths

I like Math. I realize that makes me an alien, but I like it. I can't ride a bike to save my life, and my leadership skills are nil, but I can do Algebra (or used to, and make that high school Algebra), and I actually think it's fun. Remember back in high school, when they have you prove that two triangles are congruent using all these theorems as proof? Gosh, I wish Medicine was as simple as that.

Did I mention I dreamed of studying in MIT?

Plus! They even give you credit for trying! Remember those word problems, and they make you write the "Given" and the "Asked" and the "Solution," and they give you points for getting the first two right? Those word problems are, like, microcosms of life. What's the problem? What do I know? What don't I know? What do I need to know? How do I do it? All right, let me try. Done! (Or not. Points for trying nonetheless.)

It's been a lengthy introduction. What I actually want you guys to do is click HERE and have a right laugh. Go on, you need one!

1 comment:

ness said...

Gaya,

Your raving about math reminds me of my calculus teacher. I couldn't believe my eyes and ears but she was actually swooning when she was talking about sines and cosines, how beautiful math is daw talaga. Like, I didn't know that if you connect and connect and graph all those sines and cosines you're going to form some amazing undulating graphs.

You're no alien uy. Kadami ng math/physics majors. Kanya-kanya lang tayong mga wiring, yes? How boring naman if we all had the same interests and passions.

Basta alam ko, pareho tayong bloggers! Yehey! Go write.